Monday, November 5, 2018

Political Ideology

Hi, my name is Logan Dagnen. I grew up not very invested in the government until recently turning eighteen. I have grown up all about sports, never about politics or necessarily school. My main focus had always been sports mainly baseball and skiing. I had always been the guy that went with the flow. Whatever happens, happens. Noticing the negative effects that have been happening to our country has drawn me in more, especially more now that I am eighteen.

See the source image

When I first finished the survey I was not surprised. I got Solid Liberal. I learned that being a far left believer that I tend to be very educated and invested in the government which is odd because I am not very invested in the government. When I read about being a Solid Liberal I knew most of the background around it. The most important beliefs to me are equal representation for everyone and equal opportunity. To be a Solid Liberal you believe in equal rights, everyone is just a person no matter where you come from everyone is accepted.

See the source image


The far right side of the spectrum is Core Conservative, from Pew Research Center they explained that In many ways the most traditional group of Republicans are Core Conservatives. Since 1994 until the present day, the group of conservatives has become more extreme over the years. There have been many switches from conservative to core conservative. The conservative group overwhelmingly support a smaller government and lower corporate taxes, therefore, helping themselves. A majority think U.S. involvement in the global economy is a good thing. Being on the Conservative side generally means you are for lower taxes, you don't accept LGBTQ, and you are not completely on board for Immigration. Specifically, when you are a conservative you believe in equality for only certain people. While the liberal is for all people. These differences are why people become more and more extreme to there political party.








A clear difference between Solid Liberals and Core Conservative are their views on Trump. 99% of Solid Liberal do not accept trump while 93% of the Core Conservatives agree with Trump's decisions. Solid Liberals also do not believe in the free market, the free market being regulations for all businesses. While a Core Conservative believes that businesses should be a separate entity from the government. However, despite the differences between the sides, there are still many similarities. Both Solid Liberal and Core Conservative believe that immigration is ok although Liberals think of immigrants as people, while Conservatives think of them as hard working. In every similarity, there are always differences. As well as being a moderate, they can move and help balance certain elections or decisions.

I grew up very Liberal, my mom is very invested about the government unlike me. Although through the political socialization stage I grew up Liberal meaning that the views I grew up with are the ones I believe. Another aspect has been my education. My elementary school was strong liberal, a very alternative school. Their slogan was “we all belong.” The main influences in my life have been family and education. It’s hard to say religion had an influence on my life because my family never really practiced any religion.




















1 Comments:

At December 3, 2018 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Max Schildwachter said...

Good hook, draws the reader in
One place to strengthen would be adding more than one comparison between the two interest groups

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home